In this tutorial, you will learn how to configure the Terraform Cloud Run Task integration with Styra DAS to begin enforcing policies on your infrastructure-as-code workspace.
This tutorial will guide you through the following steps:
- Create a Terraform Cloud workspace with the Terraform "Fake Web Services" provider for this tutorial.
- Create a DAS Terraform system.
- Configure the Terraform Cloud Run Task integration with DAS.
- Associate the Run Task with your Terraform Cloud Workspace and DAS Terraform system.
- Define a VPC resource policy.
- Execute a Terraform change.
- Review the Terraform Cloud workspace decision.
- Remove the Terraform Cloud integration from DAS.
- Remove the Run Task from Terraform Cloud.
At the end of this tutorial, you will be able configure the Terraform Cloud integration with DAS and enforce policies you manage through DAS for your Terraform Cloud workspaces.
For this tutorial, you will require:
- A Styra DAS account
- A Terraform Cloud organization with a Team & Governance or Business plan
- A Terraform Cloud user with organization owner permissions
- Access to a terminal with
The following architecture shows the interaction between Terraform Cloud and Styra DAS using the Run Task integration.