A Library is a Styra DAS resource that enables teams to share policies, policy fragments, and data across the enterprise. All Styra DAS Systems, Stacks, and other Libraries can import a Library in their policies.
Library resources replace the read-only Global resources, which are now deprecated, and introduce the ability to author and edit policies as well as manage data sources in a Library in the Styra DAS UI and the
/v1/libraries API, in addition to Git-backed Library resources. Customers may continue to create and use Global resources, however this feature will not receive new functionality. To migrate existing Global policies and data to a Library, refer to the Migration page.
The Library functionality is enabled by a tenant-level feature flag. If this feature is disabled for your tenant, contact Styra customer support or your organization's Self-Hosted Styra DAS administrator.
Create a Library
Libraries appear in the Styra DAS UI below the Workspace, Systems, and Stacks sections of the navigation panel and above the legacy Globals section.
To create a Library:
- Login to the Styra DAS UI.
- In LIBRARIES, click Add (the ⨁ icon). The Add Library dialog box appears.
- Type in the Library Name. The library name is used as part of the Rego libraries package and is referenced as data.libraries.
- (Optional) Type the description for the Library.
- (Optional) Use Read-only to prevent users from editing policies in the Styra DAS UI and only allows policies to be edited through the Styra API or via a connected Git repository.
- Click Add library.
The library is created.
Optionally, configure the Library to Use Git Storage.