Enterprise OPA Introduction
Enterprise OPA is an enterprise-grade drop-in replacement for the Open Policy Agent (OPA) that offers:
- Datasource integrations: Connect quickly to your Kafka, LDAP, DynamoDB, S3, SQL database, MongoDB and Vault without needing to write or manage your own plugins.
- Secrets manager integration: Connect to HashiCorp Vault to securely use
- Logging integrations: Send your authorization decision logs to Splunk or Kafka.
- Live impact analysis: Check to see if your new policies impact production before they are merged.
- Lower costs: Use cheaper cloud infrastructure because Enterprise OPA uses 10x less memory and 40% less CPU than OPA.
See the performance improvements for yourself
The following commands are used to try Enterprise OPA.
brew install styrainc/packages/eopa
eopa license trial
export EOPA_LICENSE_KEY=<your license key>
eopa run -s https://dl.styra.com/enterprise-opa/bundle-enterprise-opa-400.tar.gz
The following commands compare Enterprise OPA with OPA.
opa run -s -a localhost:8282 https://dl.styra.com/enterprise-opa/bundle-opa-400.tar.gz
Memory usage for both Enterprise OPA and OPA peaks at launch. Wait a short time before checking the metrics to see typical operational figures.