This document describes how to setup an Azure Blob storage account for DAS access. Azure Blob storage can be utilized for decisions and activity log exporters.
DAS Azure Blob storage containers are configured from the following data elements:
- Container URL (optional folder). For example: "azblob://styra-storage-test1".
- Custom endpoint (optional). For example: "https://accountname.blob.core.windows.net".
- Region: none. (not part of blob storage API)
- Access key ID. For example: Blob storage account name.
- Secret access key. For example: Blob storage Access Key
Secure Azure Blob Storage Access
Microsoft Azure portal
Perform the following steps to create a storage account, create a blob container, and collect the access keys. Azure Blob stoarge overview
The names "styra", "styra1" and "styra-storage-test1" are used as illustrations and can be changed to follow any enterprise naming conventions.
Create an Azure storage account
Create a Container
Record the container name; will be used by DAS decisions and activity exporters.
Retrieve account security credentials
Save the "Storage Account name" and "Secret key" for later use when configuring DAS decisions and activity exporters.